1. tadi petang terima sms dari the star…Malaysia Airlines has cancelled its flights into and out of Taiwan due Typoon Sinlaku.
KUALA LUMPUR: Malaysia Airlines has cancelled its flights into and out of Taiwan due to Typhoon Sinlaku.
Its director of operations, Datuk Tajuden Abu Bakar, said the cancelled flight for Saturday were:
* MH94 Kuala Lumpur/Taipeh/Los Angeles;
* MH68 Kuala Lumpur/Kota Kinabalu/Taipeh; and
* MH69 Taipeh/Kota Kinabalu/Kuala Lumpur.
He said Flight MH69 Taipeh/Kota Kinabalu/Kuala Lumpur scheduled for Sunday is also cancelled.
Passengers could call Malaysia Airlines at its toll-free 24-hour Call Centre at 1 300 88 3000 for updates.
In Taipeh, passengers can call +886 338 34855 and in Los Angeles +1 310 646 9376.
Schools and businesses closed Saturday in Taiwan and residents stocked up on food as powerful Typhoon Sinlaku churned toward northern Taiwan and the heavily populated capital of Taipei.
According to foreign media reports, heavy rains and high winds were already pummeling the city. About 64km to the northeast, fishing boats and other craft headed for shelter as large waves pounded the coast near the port city of Yilan.
At 9.15am local time on Saturday, Typhoon Sinlaku was centred about 118km northeast of Hualien in eastern Taiwan, packing sustained winds of 171km/h, the island’s Central Weather Bureau reported.
If Sinlaku stays on course, it is expected to make landfall in northern Taiwan on Sunday morning, the reports said.
Typhoons frequently hit Taiwan between July and September, often causing casualties in mountainous regions prone to landslides and flash floods. –
2. MP BN semua dah pegi Hong Kong sebelum typhoon berlaku.
3. Wakil PKR nampak gayanya tersadai lah kat Taiwan…boleh lah try main ngan Taufan…
4. Ini dipanggil Kuasa Tuhan Pentadbir Semesta Alam.
5. Kalau dah rezeki kita, gunung tak lari dikejar.
6. Wakil PKR sampai Taiwan, MP BN pegi Hong Kong. Nak kejar ke Hong Kong taufan pula.
7. Alahai nasib badan….duduk lah berbuka puasa di Taiwan…
8. Kekawan PKr di Malaysia, hubungi lah toll free MAS, tanya macam mana ngan wakil PKr anda. SMS lah mereka, minta belikan ole-ole Taiwan untuk semua.